author's note: a day in my life, a memoir

6.23.2007




daddy taking the 5 am or so wakings.
gratefully enjoying my slumber for a couple hours longer .
"loves."
nursery rhymes, silly songs and bedtime ballads :
twinkle, twinkle
itsy bitsy spider
teach me to walk in the light
i am a child of God
i love to see the temple
i need my Heavenly Father
i am like a star shining brightly
head, shoulders, knees and toes
if you're happy and you know it
little bunny foo foo
monkeys swinging in the tree
(and so many more).
fingerpainting with applesauce.
reading books.
pointing.
tantrums.
tickling.
screaming.
laughing.
changing diapers.
breastfeeding.
prayers.
signing.
giving/taking at least one bath.
trying to figure out why her eczema is extremely bad today.
3 or so cups of milk.
lots of snacks.
sharing my food because it's better for some reason.
trying without success to brush 11 little teeth.
trying to check my email and blogs as quickly as possible so that the room doesn't get messed up in about 3.5 seconds.
feeling guilt ridden because i let her watch her movie too often so I can have a little more "me" time.
actually enjoying cooking.
vegging on the computer after 7:00 pm.
my after dinner snack.
11:00 pm coming around and knowing I should have went to sleep two hours ago.

and my favorite parts:
my new baby finding her voice.
sporatic (sometimes open-mouthed) toddler kisses.
listening to and watching the loud, charismatic man I love enjoy his addiction.

0 comments: