chapter 35 : i know

11.18.2007

today's thankful thought : "The Prophet Joseph said at one time that one of the greatest sins of which the Latter-day Saints would be guilty is the sin of ingratitude.I presume most of us have not thought of that as a great sin. There is a great tendency for us in our prayers and in our pleadings with the Lord to ask for additional blessings. But sometimes I feel we need to devote more of our prayers to expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving for blessings already received."
my gratitude today is for my testimony of the true Gospel on the earth today (http://www.lds.org/) i am so thankful to be a member of my church and for the wondeful blessings i have in my life because of it. i am so grateful that because of the temple covenants i have made that i can have an eternal family. i am grateful for a loving and patient Heavenly Father who always blesses me in more ways than i could imagine. i am so grateful for an Elder brother, Jesus Christ, who prepared the way through the Atonement that we can be forgiven of our sins and return to our Heavenly Father's presence once again. i am thankful for the Holy Ghost who as a member of the Godhead can be with me at all times if i choose to live righteously and worthily of this amazing blessing. i am sincerely grateful for a prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, on the earth today who provides revelation from God in this day. i am grateful for true scriptures and that my prayers are heard and answered. i am grateful to be a daughter of God and blessed so abundantly.
i know all of this is true.
if you are interested in learning more, i would be happy to help you. it is the best thing you can add to your life. it will bring change, but most importantly it will bring peace through Jesus Christ.

0 comments: