chapter 68 : help stop the addiction

2.24.2008

(thanks mr. clean for being the model in this picture...just so you all don't think i have facial hair growing)

hi my name is brittany. (everyone say, "hi brittany.") i am a sugar addict. i'm headed down a very dangerous and unhealthy path. i eat some type of sugar many times a day. it's a big problem.
i feign sugar when i don't have it. i crave it all the time. i need to stop eating it. everything has some type of sugar in it, so i'm going to try to stop eating sugar-filled things like candy, ice cream, baked goods, pop, candy, popsicles, chocolate, candy, chocolate, ice cream, etc.
i've had this problem for so long now that i think if i actually stop i might lose like 10 lbs. within a week. it's truly a miracle that all of my teeth haven't rotted out by now.
now as a Mom who wants to teach her children healthy eating habits and provide healthy meals and relationships with food, i know it's time to do some changing for good.
i'm really scared though. i LOVE sweet things. i enjoy having a super yummy treat with friends, or just when i'm relaxing. it's going to be really hard for me...one of the hardest things i've ever done before.
now i also realize that in order to be successful in changing a habit, you have to replace it with something else. so i'm going to TRY to start drinking more water and/or working out in place of the sugar cravings. i had someone in the past tell me that they started doing this in order to quit smoking, that every time they needed to smoke, they would go work out. they stopped smoking for a long time and it also helped them get into shape.
this also means for anyone that reads this that you have to help me. no more offering me fabulous snacks, no more bringing me little treats from work, no more letting overindulge when i go out...no more SUGAR!
so off i go on this treacherous journey to face my sugary sweet demon. i'm also going to track my progress on the side to see if i can actually hold myself to it. wish me luck...

yours truly.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Brittany, I feel your pain! Maybe we can help each other through this very serious ordeal :)

Jennifer said...

P.S. I'm glad you spelled your name for me so I can stop mispelling it on my blog! (did I just mispell, mispell?)

Laura said...

I did this once, and baby carrots became my substitue candy. They are really sweet if you aren't eating any other sweets!