chapter 104 : playing catch up...

5.18.2008

so part of the reason i wanted to even do this blog was so that i would have a great place to express myself through things i am doing. here are some new and past things for me :

* i started teaching a dance class in my ward as an Enrichment Group. so if you want to come and get a great workout and learn a dance too, i teach on Weds. mornings from 9-10 and Sat. mornings from 7-8:30. children are welcome and we do it at my church building. let's just say that i really LOVE the ladies i do this for because mornings are not my specialty. honestly though when i got up and going this past Sat. and the sun was shining, it felt like a new start for me. it was a beautiful day and such a wonderful blessing for me to be able to share one of my talents with my great friends. thanks my little dancing divas!

* i'm super excited because i might be starting a graphic design program through BCC extended learning. more details to come if i do it.

* these are a favorite pair of shoes that i bought clear back in dec. so functional and add the perfect touch to my otherwise boring & frumpy Mommy wardrobe...i'm trying to get back in style.


* this is the color we painted our entry way...


* this is the blanket i made for a girl in my ward who just had her 3rd boy yesterday. i love the blue polka dot border and think it turned out pretty cute...



* my first attempt at flower hair clips for the girls. i've gotten lots better since then...


* the top of a baby blanket i started making from a pattern on my happy little life by Kelly McCaleb. love these colors right now and so i was happy to find these fat quarters for only .99 cents.


* so GRATEFUL i found my sewing machine manual online because as you can see below, i was having some MAJOR tension issues...luckily i got it figured out and the blanket finished the night before the shower.


* some hair clips i made for my friend Jennifer. too bad my camera was retarded on the focus part of things. they are lots cuter in real life...


* my new baby!!! isn't she beautiful. i think she should affectionately be called sweet stella!


* a fun pillow case i made by copying one of my best friends, Lynn's, patterns.


* i made all of these for the auction in our ward to help the Young Women be able to go to Girl's Camp. it was fun to make these to help them...


* i made this blanket for my little Bug. she told me she wanted monkeys and for my 2nd one like this, i thought it turned out pretty good. love the way the vine stitch goes so well with the pattern.


* this was my attempt to save money and go blonde at the same time. i ended up with copper instead. so 4 boxes and a couple weeks later, mr. clean asked me to go back to auburn and i did. so now i look almost like i did in this 1st picture...


* oh my Sweet Stella!


* this is the blanket i made for my little Chubbily Bubbly. i love the flower pattern and the decorative stitch. it is so me!


* just some of the flower clips i've made. they are getting cuter each time i make them. thanks to amy for her creative expertise.


* one of the cute designs by Carol that i made at her card making Enrichment night a while ago.


more to come in the future, especially pictures of the giveaway prizes.

yours truly.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so happy to see all your talent! Very impressed. I want to start making clips too, so that's exciting. Thanks for sharing all your projects and please continue to do so!

TaNicka said...

You are an Amazing talented woman!

dockters said...

Oh my Brittany!! You are amazing! How fun! I am truly impressed...truly!!