chapter 110 : my new best friend...

6.04.2008

in another desperate attempt to conquer my horrendous eating/health habits, i went to a new doctor today. she was AMAZING and i am now an even greater advocate for naturopathic medicine...such a different experience.
of course like usual, she told me how i NEED to drink more water and eat less sugar, so despite some of the super yummy, generic Safeway oreos (tuxedos), i did pretty well. i am now taking a natural extract to help with energy as well as TRYING to overall eat better. so instead of grabbing food while watching SYTYCD tonight, i grabbed my very neglected since it's been purchased (and probably cancer ridden ;) ) water bottle and downed more water than my body has had in probably the last month.
after having urinated 3 times in the last two hours (more than i do when i'm pregnant) i definitely remember one of the reasons beside taste that i avoid water, but overall, i think my body is soaking it in like a thirsty person would be in the desert. in fact i'm probably going to be "water logged" by the time i go to bed and since i'm still afraid of the dark, hopefully i won't have to visit the throne around 3 am.
at least i'm off to a better start than in the past and hope this time i can make some better habits stick, not only for me, but for my girls too. they deserve better than learning to eat too much sugar. my next appointment is in 4 weeks, so that will be a good check to see how well i'm doing.

yours truly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's kinda unbelievable that you have a sugar problem since your daughter's snack today was cucembers and green beans...

A couple bits of advice: 1. avoid drinking lots of water the last 2 hours before bed (although I don't because my sinuses always get dry when I sleep! and I visit the potty around 6am every day), and 2. you can get individual crystal light packs to dump into your water bottle. That's what Julie does.