chapter 10 : i dipped my toes...

8.31.2007

1. so tonight i picked up some stuff from JoAnne's and Michaels. i got some totally cute decorative items for my house, as well as some other little stuff like stamps, ribbon, etc. the wall hangings say, "Kindness : speak kind words, receive kind echos" and "say your prayers." aren't they fabulous? love them. Taylie was a gem the entire time we were out. i love going out with her. she's such a doll.
2. actually made some cards for upcoming showers this week. i think they are my best work thus far...and that's a big deal...me thinking that about my own work. i usually hate what i create and want to throw it away.
3. i am totally inspired by this blog. don't know her, but she's great....http://www.candacetodd.blogspot.com/. i think i need to check out the Good Will more often and maybe one day i will learn to upholster and then i will make some really great inexpensive furniture even better.
4. love my friend Lynn and her fam. love our almost weekly get togethers. she reminds of how important it is to grow personally, as a woman. she makes me want to be more kind, thoughtful and generous with my time and with myself...so i am better for others, especially my family. she is wonderful. i wish everyone could have a "Lynn" in their lives.
5. hoping to get a sewing machine someday
6. bought a new fridge this morning. went with the white one that matches everything else. why pay $2000 when the $500 one does the same thing?
7. going to look at paint tomorrow. hoping to get started tomorrow evening. i'm so ECSTATIC about the possibility of how the paint in my house could make me feel...so HAPPY. i'm a dork, but i guess i need to relish the small things to enjoy life.

* hoping to post pictures of new decorations, cards and painted walls/possible remodel stuff soon.

0 comments: